Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Painting the Adirondacks

Oh, how I love plein air painting! I've always wanted to go to the Adirondacks, so when I heard that publisher Eric Rhoads (Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine, Plein Air Magazine) was going to hold another invitational paint-out at Paul Smith's College, NY, I signed up immediately.

It was even more wonderful than I imagined. First of all, there was no competition. So many plein air events center around competitions, and I know a lot of artists enjoy this aspect, but I enter my share of competitions so whenever I get a chance to just PAINT, with no pressure, no rules, no frames, no show--I jump at the opportunity. This 5-day trip was just about a group of painters getting together and doing what they most enjoy. Heavenly!


 Bog River Falls 


Heaven Hill Farm.
Overlooking Lower St. Regis Lake at Paul Smith's College

Farewell party at Eric's lakeside camp 
Time for one last painting at Heron Marsh before heading home



No comments: