Saturday, July 17, 2010

Some Recent Openings. . .

It's been fun but hectic lately. At the opening reception of the Philadelphia Sketch Club's 150th Anniversary Members' Show at the Newman Galleries, I met Diane Feissel, a very talented artist who recently moved back to Philadelphia and joined the Sketch Club. Our Professional Artist meetings can't help but get better and better with Diane on board. Here I am with Diane at the show, and underneath my portrait of Nancy Bea Miller. Joe Sweeney, an artist whose work was also in the show, took the photos. Thank you, Joe, they're great.Photo by Joseph Sweeney
Photo by Joseph Sweeney

The next weekend, I, my husband, and artist Garth Herrick piled in our car for an 8-hour journey to Youngstown, OH, to the Butler Museum and the opening of the Midyear Exhibit. There we met other artists who were in the show and who have been our online friends on art forums and Facebook. It's fun to meet someone in person with whom you've been chatting about art for years and find them to be exactly as you thought they would be, or even better, in real life.My husband took this shot of the artists together. L to R: Jeff Gola, Garth Herrick, Leslie Adams, Stanka Kordic, and I
Standing in front of my painting Teamwork with artist Stanka Kordic, whom I've been wanting to meet for ages.