Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Arsenic Lobster , Spring 2010 Cover

Toast to Lobsters, oil, 22" x 30"

Arsenic Lobster--what a strange name for a poetry journal! It does catch one's attention, though. And it's filled with a variety of work by accomplished writers. I'm admiring of anyone who can write poetry since I'm hopelessly devoid of any talent in that direction.

The editor of the journal, Sue Yount, asked me some time ago if she could use my painting Toast to Lobsters on the cover, and of course I was delighted! Here's a link to the journal, in case you would like to purchase a copy of the spring 2010 issue (or any other issue for that matter).

I'm pleased to report that the original painting, which was hanging in the gWatson Gallery in Stonington, Maine, last summer, has been purchased by a private collector.