Friday, March 14, 2008

Portrait Brokers of America


This year I signed on with Portrait Brokers of America. This was a big step for me, because for about thirty years I've been my own representative, getting my own commissions. I can still do that, but I'm hoping that my association with PBA will bring additional work. PBA is the largest organization of its kind in the United States. It is based in Birmingham, AL, but it has representatives all over the country. Last month I went down to Birmingham for the annual seminar. What an experience! It was three days jam-packed with all kinds of activities, from information sessions, to painting from a live model, to exhibits of sample portraits, to lavish entertainment. The southern hospitality was truly impressive, and everyone was warmly welcomed and treated royally. Here I am at the live painting session with my friend Michele Rushworth, otherwise known as the "Gubernatorial" Portrait painter because she is fast becoming known in the western states for her paintings of governors. The photo was taken by another friend, portrait painter extraordinaire, Chris Saper.

1 comment:

Katebradleyartist said...

Congrats Alexandra! That's a big accomplishment.