Monday, July 1, 2013

America's Parks I Exhibit

I have so much catching up to do, I'm just going to hit the highlights of the last year so I can bring this blog  up-to-date.

My biggest excitement over the winter centered around the show America's Parks: Through the Beauty of Art. Comprised of 50 two-dimensional works of art depicting any park in North America, the show is now traveling to different venues around the United States. After.opening at the Ella Carothers Dunnegan Gallery of Art in Bolivar, MO,  it traveled to the Roger Tory Peterson Institute in Jamestown, NY, and will end up at the Kenosha Public Museums in Kenosha, WI, from August 17 to October 13, 2013.

My painting, Marsh at Round Pond, was accepted into the show. . . and shortly thereafter I got a call from curator David J. Wagner who told me that I had won the prestigious Juror's Choice Award! I was thrilled. In all my years of landscape painting, this was the very first time I had ever won a major, top award for a landscape.
Marsh at Round pond, oil on linen, 22" x 40"

Here are a couple of links to the press release and review of America's Parks:




No comments: