Monday, July 1, 2013

Article in American Arts Quarterly





Last summer I met author Stephen May at the Dowling Walsh Gallery and we went across the street to an outdoor seafood restaurant for lunch. Stephen and I had arranged to meet because he was going to be writing an article on my work for American Arts Quarterly. I was very excited at the prospect of being featured in such a prestigious art journal. We sat down and started chatting. Steve was charming, super intelligent and perceptive--and he asked such good questions I found myself talking way too much. Amazingly, he was able not only to make sense of what I said, but also to make a terrific article out of it.

Meanwhile, my husband was enjoying some quiet time away from his talkative wife in the local coffee shop, where he was reading the latest Dick Francis thriller. Definitely a win-win situation.

The article, which was published in the Winter 2013 issue of AAQ, can be found here. Upon looking through the magazine, I discovered I was in great company: also in this issue is an article on the wonderful work of my good friend, artist Catherine Prescott.


No comments: